photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

14 December 2014

A POWDER BETTER THAN MAC?!

Quite a bold statement to make, especially to some? I've been using MACs Mineralised Skin Finish Natural for a couple of years and it is beautiful. It does what it says on the tin - gives a natural finish to the make up as well as setting it and keeping it in place all day.

My latest compact recently came to the end of its life and it was going to be a while before I could get to a MAC counter so I decided to find a cheaper alternative. Enter Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder.






This powder is part of the Healthy Mix range that Bourjois do - FYI the Healthy Mix Serum is a great foundation! In the powder I have the shade 52 Vanille.

For a start this powder is about a third of the price of MAC. The packaging is plastic, thin and super light and it has a decent size mirror. And the finish is very very similar. It keeps the makeup in place all day and keeps shine away all day. I mainly focus it on my chin, around my nose and a bit on the forehead and I find I don't really need to reapply half way through the day. It does claim to last 16 hours... Now I can't comment on that as I don't tend to wear makeup that long in one go but the lasting power is great. 

So if you were thinking of parting with the cash for the MAC version, I'd say to save some pennies and head to a Bourjois counter. (And then you can get 2 other products too! Or chocolate. Or wine...)

Have you tried this powder? Or do you have any other better than MAC dupes?

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this in Boots for ages now but hadn't heard much about it. Definitely need to try it after reading this! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.