photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

17 September 2012

WHAT'S IN MY MAKE-UP BAG

Over the last couple of months I've really started to love make-up and I've been buying a lot of it. Like most people I've had the struggle of finding foundation that actually matches my skin. I don't even want to know how much money I've spent on different ones. I have really pale skin. For the last year or so I've been using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in 'Light Ivory' (because Ivory was still too dark...) but I still wasn't very happy with how it looks. I was always really paranoid about how my face looked.

Recently, the No.7 make-up brand from Boots launched their foundation match scheme. I saw the advert and was all "pfft, that won't work!" but my friend had it done and she recommended it so off we went to get matched up. It is amazing and I would definitely recommend getting it done if you're after a foundation that actually matches you and is reasonably priced. I ended up being "Cool Vanilla" and I really do feel so much happier with how my make up looks now.





Make up bag; Primark £2

Face:
GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer
No.7 Stay Perfect foundation in 'Cool Vanilla'
No.7 Blemish Cover concealer in 'Fair'
No.7 Instant Radiance concealer
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in '001 Transparent'
Sleek Contour Kit in 'Light'

Eyes:
Maybelline Falsies mascara in 'Black Drama'
Barry M Liquid Eyeliner
Vivo Eyeshadow Pallete in 'Bronze Me Up'
MUA Eye Primer
MUA Eyeshadows in 'Shade 16 - Matt' and 'Shade 24 - Pearl'
Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner pot
Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in '004 Black Brown'
Vivo Eyeliner in 'White'

Wow, writing it all down makes it seem like I put so much on but I don't wear it everything there all the time, particularly all the eye stuff. Also as you can see, I do stick to drugstore/high street brands (mainly because I can't afford to buy all of MAC.) The most expensive things there would be the foundation which was £14 and the GOSH primer is around the same but I'm quite willing to spend money on foundation if it's going to look good, be good quality and last. As far as primer goes, I don't even know how I managed without that prior to discovering it! MUA do a primer too for a couple of quid if you're not up for spending that much on it. This is my second bottle and I'll be buying it over and over again.
I probably should have got a new pressed powder before taking these photos, too! Oops!
The Falsies mascara is my all time favourite. I've easily bought it over 15 times now!


Brushes 1-5 all QVS via Superdrug:
(Powder, Foundation, Concealer & Foundation, Powder, Eyeshadow)
Brush 6 comes with Maybelline gel eyeliner pot

Again, I'd love to be able to afford Sigma or Real Techniques brushes but realistically I can't. I really like these QVS ones and I've not paid over £6 for any of those. They wash really well too. I got them from Superdrug but I'm pretty sure they're available in a few other stores too. I would love some higher end brushes though as they must be better at applying make-up for the price they are. I've recently ordered some e.l.f. brushes so I will post about those when I have them.



MUA shade 1
Barry M 'Touch of Magic'
MAC 'Impassioned'
Collection 2000 '5 Pretty Please'
Collection 2000 '6 Sugar Pink'
Rimmel '320 Funtime Fuschia'
Kate Moss for Rimmel shade 20
Kate Moss for Rimmel shade 02
Avon Colour Trend 'Passion'
Avon Colour Trend 'Doll Pink'
Topshop 'All About Me'
Topshop 'Brighton Rock'
Topshop 'Beguilded'

My name is Louise and I am a lipstick junkie. My favourites are the Kate Moss collection ones, probably shade 20 out of those two. It's such a bright pink. I definitely want more MAC ones. I treated myself to Impassioned a month or so back. I know £14 is a lot but they're so lovely. Topshop lipsticks are great too. They're not shiny but creamy and they go on nicely. Pretty much all these are various shades of pink but I'm trying to branch out and be brave and get other colours. The MUA one is a lovely red colour and Beguilded by Topshop is a very deep red/wine colour.

I never realised I owned this much until I did this post.






* I was not asked to write this post by No.7/Boots or any other mentioned brands

3 comments:

  1. Great Post. I love the Sleek Contour Kit it's brill. I haven't tried any of the Topshop lipstick you have I may have to check them out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Favourite Topshop is definitely All About Me. Lovely bright pink! x

      Delete
  2. Hey:) Great blog girl. I follow you now. Would you like to follow me back?
    Magda xx

    www.maagdzia21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.