photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

13 May 2014

MAY BIRCHBOX

I think this month is the 4th Birchbox I've received. I was getting a bit bored of Glossybox so went for a change and to be honest I haven't been overly thrilled by Birchbox so far but this month's is looking great on a first impression so going to hold off on unsubscribing for the time being.





This month Birchbox have teamed up with Harper's Bazaar were their beauty director has chosen some of her cult favourites to feature in the box.
First of all, the box itself is awesome! The design is so beautiful and eye catching. But on to the contents...

Whereas in Glossybox there is generally at least one full sized product per box, Birchbox is pretty much just sample sizes of everything. So this month I was pleasantly surprised to receive a full sized nail polish. The brand, Soigné, isn't one I've heard of but these retail at £11 and considering the box itself is £10 (+ P&P) that's pretty good going. The packaging was pretty nice too and the colour looks beautiful. A lovely orange-coral which will be perfect for summer.
Next was a sample size of Benefit's cult mascara They're Real! I have spoken about this before and it's not my all time favourite and I'm not sure I get all the hype around it but it's always nice to have it in my stash. I usually like to use it if I'm going to be going out somewhere nice more than an everyday mascara.
The next mini sample is a bath and shower oil from Aromatherapy Associates, another brand I haven't actually heard of. This is only a 3ml sample but the full size will set you back £39 so I'd like to think that this will make my skin super soft from first use. We shall see...
Then there is a shampoo and conditioner duo from Beauty Protector. These are apparently exclusive to Birchbox. They are supposed to give hair protection and shine and make it smooth. I'm always down to try new hair washing products and I was pleasantly surprised to actually get a shampoo AND conditioner.
The final product I was the most excited by. Since I started blogging 4 years ago, I think the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish was the first product I ever heard all the bloggers totally raving over. This is a cream cleanser you can use to remove make up and then wash off with a muslin cloth. It actually came with a mini muslin cloth too - can never have too many face cloths! So I'm very excited to see if this lives up to the hype. I'm sure there'll be a review in due course.

What do you think of the May Birchbox? I'm really happy with it so hopefully the products don't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.