photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

16 July 2013

FIRST CLARINS PURCHASES

A bit ago back I posted about how I wasn't happy with my skin care routine and needed some decent products pumped in to it. A couple of weeks ago I ventured into Boots and over to the Clarins purchase and made a little purchase.



In the blog post I did about wanting a skin care shake up, I said that cleansing and toning were the two steps I was having trouble getting right. I spoke to the lady on the counter (who was very lovely) and she asked me about my skin type and what type of cleanser I liked and she recommended this duo; Cleansing Milk and Toning Lotion for Normal or Dry Skin. They were £18 each and on the day Boots had an offer on that if you bought both you got £5 back in points on your advantage card, which I was happy with.
I've been using these for about 2 weeks now and mostly every day. I am trying to alternate with my existing products to use them up and to make these last a bit longer. So far, I am really loving them. The cleanser feels a lot nicer than other cleansing milks I have used. It feels light and it does have a bit of a fragrance, which I'm usually a bit scared of putting on my skin, but this hasn't irritated at all. It's taking me a while to get used to the smell of the toner. The product itself, I really like. I feel like it's refreshing my skin better than drugstore toners but it smells a little bit like some kind of lemon fragrance cleaner - not the nicest of smells! I really wish toners came with pumps though. I try so hard and I always end up spilling a bit which isn't ideal when you've put good money into it.

When I went to pay at the counter I also had picked up some face packs from Boots and the girl on the Clarins counter who was serving me just asked if they were just for me or if I was having a girly night (of course they were just for me!) and then she offered to give me a sample of one of their face masks which was really lovely. She opened the sample drawer to get one for me and ended up just puling out loads of little samples and filling the bag with them!


I haven't used all of these yet as I'm trying to make them last as long as possible. I have used all of the Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream (end of top row) and I really enjoyed that. I think I got about 3 uses out of it. I'm also really liking using the Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner just for an extra bit of skin love. On a Sunday night I like to go for the double cleanser, double toner and double face mask attack just to round off the weekend and prep me for the new week. I'm very tempted to buy the full size of this one. I have also used the Pure and Radiant Mask a couple times and I quite enjoyed that too. It left my skin nice and smooth.

So pleased I got excellent customer service at the Clarins counter as going to those big beauty counters can be a little daunting especially when you're a newbie to the brand.
As for the products, I'm really happy that my skin actually seems to like them. I haven't broken out (any extra than my skin normally is!) and my skin feels softer and plumper since using all of this. I think I may have become a Clarins convert!

What other Clarins products should I look into?

1 comment:

  1. great purchases! you got some great samples there too :) following your blog now :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.