photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

17 June 2013

ADVICE NEEDED FOR SKINCARE REVAMP!

As far as make up and skin care goes, I've never felt the need to go high end as I've generally always been able to get what I want from the high street and I've always been happy with the results.
Lately I've been getting a bit... bored (?) with my skin care routine. There's parts I really love and some bits I can't be bothered to do because I feel like the products aren't actually doing anything for me (anymore.)

The main two steps I've got issues with is the first two in the routine: cleansing and toning.



Now, when it comes to cleansing I remove my make up with No7's Cleansing Water for Normal/Oily skin. I don't have an issue with this. I actually really love this stuff. After I've taken my make up off though, I like to go in with another cleanser but this time a cream one. Every few days I use the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I also love, but most days I will just massage Boots Botanics Gentle Cleansing Cream All Bright (what a mouthful!) into my skin. As the name suggest, it does claim to brighten the skin which I don't feel has really happened, though I don't think my skin is all that dull in the first place. Like I said, I use it pretty much everyday but I don't actually feel like it's doing anything for me. Previous to using this cleanser, I have used similar ones by Simple, Garnier and Nivea and again, nothing special. None of them have made me want to repurchase and I won't be repurchasing the Botanics one either.

After I've done with the cleansing, I use toner. This is my other problem step. I think it's fair to say not many people actually know the point of toner. It is supposed to unclog pores, remove any last traces of make up and dirt and generally refresh the skin. Again, I've used a few different ones and I start off loving them and then quickly feel like they're not doing all that much. At the moment I am using Garnier Fresh Essentials Refreshing Toner which smells incredible (it's enriched with grape extract) and it does leave my skin feeling refreshed and to be honest, if you're just after a cheap toner this is actually quite decent except from that it hasn't lasted me very long at all. I've previously used the Simple toner which did last a while and I did repurchase a few times but there's just no "WOW" Factor there.

So if I'm going to actually have a skin care routine, it seems a little pointless to have one that I don't like and I feel doesn't work, right?
I'm really keen to try out some higher end products to see how they compare. I know everyone raves Clarins and Clinique and they're the places I'm probably likely to venture off too but if you can recommend any brands for me to check out or if you use Clinique/Clarins then please give me some reviews and tips!
And I will keep you posted on how this skin care debacle pans out!

5 comments:

  1. I never saw the point of toner either until I started using mandelic acid from Make Up Artists Choice
    http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/Mandelic-Acid-Toner_p_132.html
    I've run out and I can *really* tell the difference. I'm desperate for a refill now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Simple Kind to Skin Toner, if nothing else it feels very refreshing on the skin!

    It does also make your face look a bit brighter and cleaner too. It's also a good price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Organic Skincare do some really nice products that are quite affordable. Their Rose Otto toner is lovely & doesn't dry out the skin. Also, the Clarins Pure Melt cleansing gel is gorgeous: it's a gel that turns into an oil as you rub it in and then washes off as a milk. I use it a lot and would highly recommend it. For something skin brightening or just to perk up a dull complexion I like S&G's Face Soap & Clarity. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.