photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

4 November 2012

OCTOBER FAVOURITES

Sorry for how late this post is. I had intended to have it up on Wednesday but this week has been crazy busy and now I'm really ill, boo!
I love reading people's monthly favourites posts so here's mine for October..!

Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser | ELF Brush Shampoo | Lush Lip Scrub | Sudocrem | Models Own "In The Navy" | Kate Moss for Rimmel 107 | Benefit Brow-zings 





I bought the moisturiser at the end of last month when Superdrug had buy one get one free on Simple products and at first I wasn't overly thrilled by it but the more I've used it the more I like it. I used to just use E45 for moisturiser but this is so much lighter and soothing.

I posted about my first ELF purchase a while back. Since then I have made 2 more purchases from them. I only received the third in this week but the brush shampoo was in my second haul. I also bought the daily brush cleaner which I also like but the shampoo is brilliant. I wash my brushes every Sunday and it leaves them as soft as they were when I bought them and I've had no bristle fall out as of yet. I've been using it for just over a month now and I've hardly used any of it. So it's a total bargain for £3.75!

I bought the Lush lip scrub last pay day and it was the first thing I've ever bought from Lush. I am addicted to it! I think I may have over-used it when I first bought it but I tend to use it every night after I've done all my other skin care routine. It tastes so good too!

Sudocrem is probably a weird thing to include in a favourites post but this month my skin decided it hated me and broke out horrendously so Sudocrem has been my little life saver. I know it's most used for nappy rash but it does say on the label "acne" too and it works so well. Plus this huge pot was pretty cheap and the expiry date is 2017 so it's going to last ages.

When Models Own Facebook page got to 100,000 likes they did a 50% off everything sale so I treated myself to 5 polishes. They're so lovely and I already had a couple but this is definitely my favourite. You only need one coat as well to get a good solid coat. (I should have probably painted my nails prior to this post so I could have shown photos but I'm in bed, coughing my lungs up trying to write this!)

The new Kate Moss for Rimmel collection launched at the start of October and I was very excited with it being a matte collection. I've got lipsticks from her previous 2 collections and I love them so on the day it launched I spent way too long deciding which to buy. When I saw photos of the packaging before it launched, I wasn't sure I liked it as the other 2 collections were black with the autograph is red/pink but seeing it in person, I really like it. I ended up buying, what is apparently a huge blogger favourite, shade 107. It's a lovely dark red/almost berry colour and it's so lovely on. I think I may have to treat myself to a couple of the other shades because the formula of them is so nice and matte finishes are my favourite.

Finally..! In last months In Style magazine they were giving away free samples of Benefit make up. I love when magazines do this and I usually end up buying multiple copies just for the samples. I only bought one this time however and I got Sun Beam (which I really like! I prefer it to High Beam, too.) Inside the magazine there was a voucher to take to a Benefit stand for a free sample of the Bad Gal mascara. I already have a sample of this and to be honest, I don't like it all that much. I like mascara to be really volumising and thick and Bad Gal doesn't do that. However, it was free and it's always nice to have emergency mascaras. As part of it, the lady at the counter had to show me 3 products which was fine but I ended up wanting to buy them all. I settled on buying Brow-zings. I don't have a good relationship with my eyebrows, I absolutely hate them but I loved how she made them look with this product. I've used it practically everyday since buying it and it's definitely my absolute favourite product of the month. So easy to use with the angled and blending brush it comes with. I would definitely recommend it.

9 comments:

  1. I swear by Sudocrem!! It's so affordable and is probably the most effective cream I've had for break-outs (oh no I sound like I'm doing an advert for them!!) I also use the lush lip scrub and have the bubblegum flavour, so tasty and so effective! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sudocrem is a saviour for bad skin! and I really want to get a Kate Moss lipstick! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lush lip scrub is amazing! i've never used sudocream for spots before, i'll have to remember that.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. sudocrem is one of those basic products everyone should have hanging about, so many different uses! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gna jump on the sudocrem bandwagon next time I come across it. Haven't used it in years!!

    Lea x

    http://galaxycaramel69-fashionforward.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh browzings is amazing i swear by it for my eyebrows!
    Maddie xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to try something from LUSH but there are so many options its hard to pick just one thing to get. haha the Lip scrub sounds extremely tempting and since it's winter that might be my best bet...
    I just did a "wanted items" blog post that had the Kate Moss 107 lipstick listed. The shade is exactly what I've been searching for, so excited to get it! (:

    http://thescarletjamie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't live without my Sudocrem! :D

    I have nominated you for a Leibster Award here http://www.painttheukpink.com/

    Wendy Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spotted the Lush bubbglegum scrub in their Xmas mag at the weekend. I must have it! Especially now that I know it's worth it :)

    The Kate Moss lippys are everywhere on the blogosphere at the moment... I may have to get one :)

    Lovely blog xo


    http://verrism.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.