photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

31 January 2013

JANUARY FAVOURITES

The first month of 2013 has been and gone and so with it comes another favourites post!


Rimmel 3 in 1 Powder Blush (004 Winter Glow) | Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (004 Light Porcelain) | Sleek Dip-It Eyeliner (Black) | House of Holland Signature Spritz | Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo | Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner (005 Nude) | Benefit Bad Gal Mascara








Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse... no, I'm not a 15 year old girl and yes, this is in my favourite products of the month. I was tidying out some stuff and came across this. I'll be honest... I was using this foundation until about 6 months ago. It was the only thing drugstore-wise that I could find light enough for me (or at least what I thought I needed). It's really not a good foundation but I found it and I was looking at it and the colour I have it so light and the foundation itself is pretty thick and I've been using it as an under eye concealer before I put on foundation. I don't have a lot of the stuff left but at least now I don't have to throw it away!
The Rimmel blush cost me £2 from the Boots clearance shelf. I don't know how much it should be and I can't find them on the Rimmel website so I think it may have been discontinued but it is so pretty. I use a stippling brush for blush and the 3 colours in the palette mixed together give a lovely rosy glow. The colours are a light pink, then a tan sort of colour and a coral type. Check out your local Boots because they keep putting different things on the clearance shelf everyday. I'm obsessed with checking it.
Spoke about the Sleek eyeliner on this post so I won't babble on too much but it's so easy to use. It does seem to take a little longer to dry than the Barry M I used to use but I much prefer the applicator.
Again, I spoke about the House of Holland spritz in this post. I am just obsessed with how good it smells. I'm running out of perfume at the moment so I'm trying to get away with using this on most days so I don't have to buy new perfume for a while!
The Scandaleyes eyeliner is something I bought because I saw too many people raving about it. It's much better using nude than white like I had been doing for opening up the eyes and this one is very pigmented so you don't need a lot. My only complaint is that you can't sharpen it and it doesn't wind up or anything. They are pretty cheap though but it'd be nicer as an actual pencil.
The Benefit Bad Gal mascara is a sample I got a bit ago. I'm not a huge fan of it on my top lashes because I don't feel it gives enough length or volume for my liking. I do wear it on really lazy days though. I mainly use Maybelline Falsies but this is no good on my bottom lashes. I end up with smudgey-panda eyes by the end of the day. Since I started putting Bad Gal on my bottom lashes, I've not had this problem at all! 
Last favourite product of the month is the Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo. This is only a little can but I also got this from the Boots clearance for... 30p!! I usually only buy the Batiste dry shampoo for dark brown hair because then I know I'll definitely avoid the grey roots scenario. This one doesn't say it's for dark hair but for the price I really wasn't bothered. It also says it's for oily hair which I also don't have but I couldn't get over 30p :')
It doesn't give me any grey hair and it smells incredible! So impressed that I may even buy the full size when this runs out.

Let me know your favourite products of the month!

1 comment:

  1. bad gal is my favourite mascara! its strange that it doesn't work as well for you, maybe it works differently for everyone xx

    www.whiskersandmilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.