photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

4 January 2015

THE "HOLIDAYS ARE OVER" PAMPER

I'm lucky enough that I now have a job that gives me the Christmas period off work. (Those of you who work in retail or medical jobs or any other jobs that don't get such luxury, I'm sorry and I hope your customers/clients have been respectful to you. It's the worst, I've been there.)
But in this two weeks off I've managed to destroy my body clock. For example, today I woke up at 1.30pm... I didn't really intent on that happening today. Usually on a weekend, my body automatically gets me up about 8.30 (don't appreciate that either, body.) So it's safe to say that tomorrow morning's 6.50am alarm is going to hurt.
I will be doing a good pamper session tonight to chill myself out and (hopefully) sleep at a reasonable time.

Here's the lowdown...



After giving my hair a good wash and running some hair oil through it, I will be lighting a Vanilla Yankee Candle and getting my face pamper on.
Cleanser to start and I use the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser which I reviewed here. I love this stuff! It feels a lot more luxurious that is looks and it just feels so nice to massage into the skin. I usually get carried away with that part and then rinse off with a face cloth.
I then use the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads for the exfoilating toner step. These are amazing and I already have another pot ready as back up. They're pre-loaded with the product so just wipe all over the face to exfoliate without having to use a face scrub.
A new addition to my stash is the well hyped La Roche Posay Serozinc. This is a zinc solution toner and has been raved about for tackling oily and blemished skin. It's finally hit the UK market so you can get it from Escentual. I can't comment on it fully yet as I've only used it twice but on first impressions, it feels nice (it a spray can that spray a fine mist on the face) and it dries in so quickly. I have had a beast of a spot on my cheek and I did notice that it didn't seem as red a few hours later. Watch this space...
For a face mask I'll be reaching for Origins Clear Improvements Charcoal Mask. I'm nearly out of this and it will definitely be getting a repurchase. It seems to calm down my skin when it's going through a bad patch and when I wash it off it just feels cleaner. It's expensive but worth it. Which other Origins masks do you guys recommend?
On to eye cream and I love Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream. I feel like it has brightened the eye area a little but I don't know... It could all be in my head. Either way, it feels nice and let's just hope in twenty years time, my eye balls look happy. (Note: don't put eye cream IN eyes ;) )
Then on to a bit of lip TLC with a exfoliating scrub from Lush. I use the Bubblegum one and I only use it once or twice a week to make my lips all smooth and lovely. I've been getting dry lips a lot this month so this has been saving me. I then whack on some of the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm which is all kinds of goodness!
Then I really love using The Body Shop's Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil. Just a few drops and massage all over the face. Does what it says on the tin... it's a serum... in an oil... and works over night. You wake up to lovely plumped skin that says I have had a full 8 hours rest and look amazing. Which is more than necessary for that first day back.
Finally, that weird looking contraption is a facial massager from The Body Shop. I try to use this ever few days but I'm bad at remembering (and lazy). Once I've used the oil (or moisturiser) I just spend a few minutes rolling this around my jaw line and over my cheeks. The idea is that it increases the blood flow to the face thus making the face look plumper and healthier. Yeah, science!

Let's kick Monday's ARSE.

Hope you've had a lovely break (if you got one) and the first day back doesn't hurt too much.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog when I was looking for reviews for the Pixi Glow tonic! Really loving it :). I was wondering whether you thought that the Pixi-Glow tonic was too harsh to use twice a day? I'm considering buying the first aid facial radiance pads or the Pixi Glow tonic (Budget can't do both right now!) after reading Caroline Hirons' blog in an attempt to finally kick some of my stubborn spots that just won't leave! Anyway, keep up the good posts!

    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Glad you like! PGT is definitely okay for twice a day. I usually use Pixi in morning and FAB pads in the evening. I sometimes use a hydrating toner like Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist after them to keep in a bit of moisture :) xx

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.