photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

5 January 2014

BENEFIT POREFESSIONAL VS THE BODY SHOP PORE MINIMISER


First things first... I got a new camera and the quality is already 100 times better!

But on to today's post...

These two products aren't really all that similar overall but as they are both used to reduce the appearance of pores I thought I'd do a little comparison between the two. The products are The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser and Benefit's The POREfessional.
Both brands say that these products can be used on their own or as a make up base. Benefit's offering can also be used on top of make up for touch ups throughout the day however, I have never tried this method.




The consistency of these products is very different. The POREfessional is a lot thicker however still quite lightweight. The Tea Tree Minimiser is not as thick which will be due to it being water based as opposed to the Benefit one being silicone based.
It terms of actually doing the job it should, I feel like The POREfessional does a better job at reducing the appearance of pores however, with the Tea Tree one it does leave my skin feeling very fresh and The Body Shop's Tea Tree range has done wonders for my blemishes this last few months.
In terms of being used as a primer for under make up, they both do work very well. I can't actually choose which one makes my make up last longer as I've not had any issues with either of them. I like that The Body Shop one also mattifies the skin and does seem to keep the shine away throughout most of the day.
The price difference in these two products is probably going to be the main aspect for helping make your decision. The Body Shop's Pore Minimiser is just £7.50 for 30ml whereas The POREfessional is £24.50 for 22ml - so less product and over twice as much!
I do really like the Benefit one and I will probably end up repurchasing it at some point but I have used it a lot faster than I would have liked so I probably won't start throwing a paddy if I can't get hold of a new tube for a while!

Do you know of any other pore reducing primers like these ones? Or have you tried either of these?




Follow on Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. I love The Body Shop's pore minimiser, it works so well for me and I love that it mattifies as well as my skin is so oily - I've never got on with The Porefessional very well as it seems to make my make-up slip off :(
    Great post! :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.