photo Home_zps6eb3d7a0.png  photo About_zps1df47c8e.png  photo Contact_zps4f90572f.png  photo Blogroll_zpse5c46e84.png  photo disclaimer_zpsd5ca5387.png

21 March 2013

REVIEW: GARNIER MIRACLE SKIN PERFECTOR BB CREAM

I've been wanting to find a BB cream for a while but I am very picky with what I want it to do for my skin. I have said numerous times that I like a matte finish to my make up, I want the B cream to obviously be a good match to my skin colour and I want a decent coverage.
When BB creams first got hyped up over here a year or two back, I tried a different Garnier one but the coverage was very light and I just didn't get on with it at all.
I've been after finding a different one for those days when I'm being a bit more lazy and can't be bothered putting a load of make up on but I still want to look like I've tried to make an effort.





I saw a review of the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector which said that the BB cream dried with a matte finish, which is what initially pricked my ears up, so I looked more into it.
This BB cream is for combination to oily skin, as it's oil free. My skin is usually quite normal but recently I have been getting some oily patches, annoyingly. It also has an SPF of 20 and some people don't like foundations with SPF in them but I prefer that because (although we get very little in England) weirdly, sun damage is something that quite frightens me. Probably because I turn into a lobster at even the smallest ray of light.
When I bought this a few weeks ago it was on offer in Superdrug and it still appears to be according to the website (it's at £7.49).

I've been using it every few days and it does give just the matte finish I like, it gives the amount of coverage I like and it's just about right for my skin colour. It may be a teeny bit too dark but, as the majority of the drugstore brand BB creams are, the colour range is as simple as light, medium, dark. So, a bit vague to say the least. I, obviously, wear light and once I have my powder over the top it looks no different to the way my usual foundation looks but it feels so light on my face. I really like it.
My main problem with it is that the formula is very runny and so it comes out of the tube quite fast and gets pretty messy around the nozzle. Just a minor problem though!


(Excuse my serious face. My face was being more un-photogenic than usual and I was getting fed up of constant bad photos!)


Nivea Express Hydration Primer
GOSH Velvet Touch Primer
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream 'Light'
Sleek Conceal and Correct 'Palette 2'
Garnier Roll On
ELF Maximum Coverage Concealer 'Porcelain'
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 'Fair'
MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural 'Light'
Benefit Brow-zings 'Dark'
Maybelline Colour Tattoo 'Permanent Taupe'
Bourjois Liner Clubbing 'Ultra Black'
L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara 'Black'
Topshop Lipstick 'All About Me'

I realise I said that I use the BB cream for lazier make up days but now I've listed all that it doesn't seem that lazy!
BUT... When I use foundation I spend a lot longer with blending and I only put the Colour Tattoo on my eyes rather than spending ages blending different shadows together. Also, no contour, blush or highlighting going on.
I think what I mean by "lazy make up" is spending 15 minutes rather than 40..!

2 comments:

  1. Looking lovely! Your not unphotogenic at all! Beautiful :)

    F xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely! Just letting you know I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Take a look here xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading my blog. Please leave any comments. I read them all! :) Any negative/unnecessary hate will be removed.